Boo…...To You! (5-day Thematic Unit
In this unit the students will be working together to build their very own class scarecrow. We read the book ‘Go Away, Big Green Monster’ and re-tell the story using sentence strips and students get an opportunity to draw a green monster when following directions. We use our imaginations as we construct masks for Halloween. Finally, we get messy with Orange and Black finger-painting. We’re ready for Halloween as we create trick or treat jugs and eat Krispy Candy Corn Treats. YUM!! Join us for some Halloween fun.
You Silly Scarecrow• Circle Time: How to Make A Scarecrow
Some Frightful Fun
• Circle Time: Read: Go Away, Big Green Monster
Pre-K: October Handprints
• Art: Monster Masks
• Science: What’s Inside A Pumpkin?
• Music: If You’re A Monster
• Cooking: Peanut Butter & Jelly Spiders
...Boo To You?
• Circle Time: Boo Who? Draw
• Pre-K: My Own Puppet Monsters
• Art: My Ghostly Guy
• Math: Who’s There?
• Music: This Old Ghost
• Cooking: Pumpkin Sauce
Orange and Black
• Circle Time: Group Discussion: Orange and Black Colors
• Pre-K: Finger-painting Orange
• Art: Orange and Black Windsock
• Science: Sprout Art
• Music: Five Orange Pumpkins
• Cooking: Orange Brew
Tricks or Treats
• Circle Time: Halloween Party
• Pre-K: Halloween Headbands
• Art: Trick or Treat Jug
• Math: Counting Pumpkins
• Music: Trick or Treat
• Cooking: Crisp Candy Corn
SHOW & TELL
We finish up this month’s preschool by working together to build our very own class scarecrow. We read the book ‘Go Away, Big Green Monster’ and re-tell the story using sentence strips. The children use their imaginations when constructing masks for Halloween. Later, we get messy with Orange and Black finger-painting. We’re ready for Halloween as we create trick or treat jugs and eat Krispy Candy Corn Treats.
The desire to learn is the key to every child’s success. Having fun while learning is so important! RFTS Preschool Program is an exceptionally easy fun early learning program for the preschool age child.
5-day lesson plans are written in a simple to use format allowing you to use alone or to implement the content alongside of your classrooms activities that you plan each month.